Again, another great update of B4A! Erel has continued to improve the visual designer, this time with a great new feature you may know from typical PC languages: Anchors. (Xojo/Realbasic users may recognize them as the LockLeft, LockTop, LockRight and LockBottom properties)
Anchors allow you to define a constant distance between the view and one or more of the parent bounds. By using anchors, you can design screens and B4A will ‘stretch’ them according to the device size. This is different than scalling because it takes more relative positions into account.
Here is a short video demonstrating the anchore feature:
Important designer improvements:
* Copy & paste – work both inside the layout or between different layouts.
* Undo / redo feature.
* The views are organized in a tree for easier navigation.
* AutoScaleAll keyword now works with all variants, not just the “standard” variant.
* Colors fields can be copied and the colors values can be pasted or directly typed.
* Designer script find / replace dialog.
* The grid is saved in the layout file.
* Landscape / Portrait designer keywords to test the current orientation.
* UI Cloud threshold reduced to 10 seconds.
Other great new features and improvements:
* #AdditionalRes attribute
* Sync button in the Files tab – Syncs the project files with the Files folder.
* Modules added to the Find Sub / Module tool (Ctrl + E).
* Tabs order in the IDE is preserved.
* Modules files that were not modified will not be saved thus preserving the correct time stamp.
* DateTime.SetTimeZone now accepts a Double instead of Int.
* Shortcuts: F11 – Restart (rapid debugger), F2 in the designer connects to the device.
* JavaObject v1.00 – new RunMethodJO / GetFieldJO methods.
* Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
So head to the B4A website to check it out and if you don’t have a license yet (hard to believe because it is worth every penny), now is a great time to get one!